Supporting MFGS, Inc.
Careers | Job Listing
McLean, VA 22102 | Remote
MFGS Inc. is seeking highly motivated Sales Engineer focused on Micro Focus Software Portfolios for our Federal team. In this role, you are the technical owner of the assigned solution for your assigned agencies. This role requires the presales engineer to work independently of direct supervision with multiple account managers. Success of the individual in this role requires deep technical knowledge, strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously while maintaining expectations, as well as possess exceptional presentation skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to exert technical leadership in the account base. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of technology and ideally familiar with one or many of Micro Focus or alike software solutions.
· Proactively gather and assesses customer needs, both business and technical, then communicates and articulates the details in proposed customer solution.
· Identifies opportunities for lead generation and opportunity expansion and works with Account Manager to drive to closure.
· Develop technical architectures and bill of materials to meet the customer's business requirements.
· Present product features, updates, after action reports and other technical and business solutions to audiences ranging from security staff to CxO.
· Work with technical support to identify problem areas that require escalation and actively manage these events to closure, to include partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
· Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals (RFP/RFI activities), presentations, and other customer communications, as well as analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
· Develop and deliver technical presentations, demos, proposed solutions, and brown bag/ad-hoc training classes to current customer base.
· Develop and train peer engineers and account managers on new and emerging technologies that are assigned as your area of subject matter expertise, but also transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs.
· Deliver proof of concept systems to customers and demonstrate technical capabilities leveraging customer data.
· Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers), as well as help identify competitive threats and understand mitigations to them.
· Maintains excellent communications with customer's executive management across the region
· Represents MFGS Inc. as technical expert in the assigned solution with customers and builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
· US Citizenship is required. US/DOD clearance is a plus.
· This role requires the presales engineer to work independently of direct supervision with multiple account managers.
· Success of the individual in this role requires deep technical knowledge, strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously while maintaining expectations.
· The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to exert technical leadership in the account base.
· Candidate must be open to travel.
Education and Experience
· Technical University or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience in one or many Micro Focus solutions or alike software.
· Experience in the Federal space.
· Experience in a presales technical role is preferred.
· Experience selling technology solutions within the Federal space is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrates a broad knowledge of technology & solutions, with deep expertise in the assigned area.
· Understanding and hands-on experience within assigned products and ideally the overall related marketplace is considered as a plus.
· Leverages strong understanding of the competition to create competitive advantage for MFGS Inc.
· Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
· Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple concurrent opportunities.
· Creates solutions that creatively address customer business requirements.
· Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
· Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
· Demonstrates strong communications skills that is appropriately tailored to varying level of customer management to include C-level executives.
· Possesses current technical or security certification, such as CISSP, or willing to achieve within one year of start date.
· 401(k) Matching
· Dental Insurance
· Disability Insurance
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Parental Leave
· Professional Development Assistance
· Vision Insurance
· Other forms
· One location
· On the road
MFGS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: MFGS, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, past or present military service, family medical history, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. MFGS, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.