Seamless Application Security: Security at the Speed of DevOps
Seamless Application Security is about making application security an integral part of the software lifecycle without creating additional burden for the stakeholders. Application security best practices and testing should be built into the entire software development lifecycle process. When executed the right way, this also means that you don't need to compromise on application security in order to achieve those faster release cycles that are being driven by the market.
- According to NIST, the cost to remediate security flaws in 30x more expensive in production and 10x more in testing than if they were caught in early stages of development. All these issues and potential risk indicate that the only way to secure applications without compromising cost is moving to a Seamless Application Security model.
- In most organizations, applications security is isolated to a specific team who gets involved in the final stages of development and is percieved as an inhibitor of speed. These security teams can't keep up as development teams are growing at an 80:1 ratio to security teams.
- Releases with known security defects are being pushed to production in order to meet project timelines, in which case the business and its customers risk being exposed to attackers.
- Five Steps to make your Seamless Application Security transition successful:
- Step 1: Develop with Security in Mind
- Step 2: Test Early, Often and Fast
- Step 3: Leverage Integrations to Make Application Security a Natural Part of the Lifecycle
- Step 4: Automating Security as Part of the Development and Testing Processes
- Step 5: Monitor and Protect Once Released
Download the resource to learn more >>